Thursday, June 4, 2009

Alphabet Intentions


Aloha from Maui, Healing Nesters!
I've been meaning to post here sooner (sorry for my blogging lapse!), and yet all of my blog ideas have remained in my sandy, warped-paged beach notebook. I guess I'm feeling like letting loose my ideas now. Snap on your seatbelts because I feel a flow of Healing Nest blog energy coming your way!
Here we go!

While here in Hawaii, I have been playing with some simple art supplies and producing a few art pieces in between swimming with the fishies and searching for sea turtles (I have yet to see one eye-to-eye, but I'm on the lookout).

This piece above was a meditation on my five "S's" for the day: safe, see, soft, serene, and sigh.

Have you ever done this?

This is what I do: in the morning, I chose a letter and decide to attribute five intentions for my day that begin with that letter. For instance, yesterday, I chose "C" and I wrote down (this time not in an art piece): clear, calm, celebratory, centered, and creative.

I find that creating a little structure around intentions can bring about little surprises. I discover words that I wouldn't have thought of, but they indeed fit my wishes for my day.

What are the five words for your day? Chose a letter at random and get them down on paper or include them in an art piece!




2 comments:

  1. wow, courtney I really love this idea, I am definitely going to try it!

    aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna,

    If you try this, let me know what you glean from the exercise!

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete